Those who wish to be considered for admission to Carlow as traditional first-year undergraduate students need to show evidence of the ability to achieve at the college level. In general, you should follow a college preparatory curriculum in high school.
To make an admissions decision, we review your high school performance, extracurricular activities, test scores (if submitted), essay (if submitted) and what contributions you can make to the Carlow community.
Admissions process overview
- Complete application: Through the Common App or by creating a Bridge to Carlow account, fill out the application. Official high school transcripts should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions from your high school through its electronic delivery service or by mail in sealed envelopes.
- Receive admissions decision: We operate on rolling admissions. If you apply through the Common App, you will automatically receive a Bridge to Carlow account. This account is where you can check your admissions status. When your admissions decision is released, you will receive an email to log in to your Bridge to Carlow account.
- Submit your enrollment deposit: When you decide to attend Carlow, log in to Bridge to Carlow to submit the enrollment reply form and your $200 enrollment deposit by credit card. Alternatively, you can submit the enrollment reply form by mail with a $200 check payable to Carlow University.
- Wait for your welcome packet: You will receive information about your next steps, including registering for classes, beginning in late spring
Tuition information, visits & events
College credits earned in high school
If you took AP or IB exams, or college-level courses while in high school, have official test scores and/or transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions.
Resources & support
We offer resources and support for our students that include:
- Financial aid, student accounts and registration assistance
- Career development
- Tutoring and academic coaching
- 24/7 tech support
- Health and wellness services
- Accessibility accommodations
If you have already applied to Carlow, you can check your admissions status through Bridge to Carlow.
Once you inquire or apply, you will be assigned an enrollment counselor to help guide you through the enrollment process.
Accessibility accommodations are available (submit a request).