Re-entry & Resiliency Plan (updated 3/3/21)
The Sisters of Mercy had something significant to celebrate. After arriving in Pittsburgh in 1843 from Carlow, Ireland, the religious community established numerous schools, an orphanage and the Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh. On Sept. 24, 1929 the Sisters founded Carlow University under the name Mount Mercy College.
Enjoy a look back at Carlow’s past through a timeline of events (view or download [pdf]).