Financial aid recipients must be aware of their rights and responsibilities related to financial aid.
- You have the right to know that the information you submit to the Financial Aid Office in the Student HUB will be treated confidentially as mandated by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- You have the right to seek financial aid counseling.
- You have the right to know what financial assistance is available, including all federal, state, and institutional aid programs.
- You have the right to know the procedures and deadlines for submitting applications for each financial aid program.
- You have the right to know how your financial aid awards were calculated, the criteria to receive each award, and how the funds will be disbursed.
- You have the right to accept or decline any of your financial aid awards.
- You are responsible for providing accurate information to the Financial Aid Office in the Student HUB.
- You are responsible for reapplying for financial aid each year.
- You are responsible for utilizing your Carlow student email account to access all correspondence sent to you from the Financial Aid Office.
- You are responsible for requesting assistance if you have questions or concerns about your financial aid.
- You are responsible for notifying the University of any name or address changes.
- You are responsible for notifying the Financial Aid Office of any special awards you receive from outside resources, including scholarships, grants, tuition waivers, tuition assistance, etc.
- You are responsible for understanding Carlow University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress policy and for maintaining satisfactory progress.
- You are responsible for using financial aid for educational expenses incurred while attending Carlow University.