Dean encourages students to register for fall semester, summer graduation

Dear Students,

COVID-19 Rates in Allegheny County  

Allegheny County’s COVID-19 positivity rates remain “low” level based on the CDC community guidelines. Details on the “County View” may be found by clicking here.  

Though cases have lowered in Allegheny County, we ask that you continue your commitment to the common good as part of University’s COVID-19 response. For the latest guidance on prevention measures, please see information from the CDC by clicking here

If you have symptoms, please quarantine and/or isolate per CDC updated guidance here. Students who test positive should remain in place and immediately contact Health Services by calling 412-578-6474.  

New This Week:

Carlow University Offices Closed for Holiday

Carlow University offices will be closed on Monday, July 4 in observation of Independence Day.

Frank’s Cafe Limited Service

Frank’s Cafe will be open starting Monday, July 18. A limited menu will be available. From 10 – 11 a.m., coffee and tea and grab and go sandwich’s will be available. From 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., made to order meals will be available. Please note that this will be credit card payment only.


Summer Parking Passes Available 

Summer parking passes are available to buy online by clicking here or by visiting the dispatch center in Frances Warde Hall on campus. Students parking in Carlow lots need a valid pass to park on campus through the summer semester. If you have any questions, please reach out to 412-578-6293

Summer Graduation Applications  

Students completing their degrees or certificates this summer need to submit a grad app in Self Service. Once in Self Service, click the graduation cap on the left menu bar or Graduation Overview on the main page to access the application site. Contact the Registrar’s Office at if you have any questions.

Fall Registration   

Students are encouraged to register for Fall 2022 classes at their earliest convenience, as we will soon begin evaluating sections to determine whether consolidation needs to occur. If you have a hold and are unable to register, you may find details in Self-Service. You may also contact the HUB, 412-578-6389, for assistance.   

Campus Vending Available 

On campus for class this summer? Vending machines are in AJP and Frances Warde halls, respectively. You may also now find beverages and snacks at the Celtic Market on the first floor of the University Commons.

Help Needed? Submit a Care Report  

Students occasionally struggle with affordability, academic barriers and connecting to community resources. If you become concerned about yourself or others, please submit a report and let the Care Team know about any needs, questions or concerns. We are active throughout the summer months and will contact you, or those you refer, to help. You may also contact the Student Affairs office at 412-578-6293 or .

The CAA is Open for Tutoring and Academic Coaching   

Remember that the CAA is tutoring and coaching online and in person. Make an appointment here. You may also call 412-578-6271 or stop by the CAA office on the fourth floor of the University Commons.

Disabilities Services Office   

Assistance through Carlow’s Disabilities Service Office is also available. Students may request accommodations for the fall semester through these links:  

Please email with questions or concerns.


Timothy P. Phillips, PhD
Vice President of Student Affairs & Dean of Students

© Copyright 2024 Carlow University. All rights reserved.