You can earn college credits in high school with Carlow University’s College in High School (CHS) program. 

Through CHS, you can take college-level courses at your high school or Carlow University. Upon successful completion (grade C or better), you will earn college credit, which will be recorded on a Carlow University official transcript.

College in High School options include:

  • Courses offered at the University that are open to high school students (100 or 200 level)
  • Courses offered by your high school and taught by University faculty
  • Courses co-taught by your high school and University faculty
  • Carlow-approved courses offered at your high school
Two students look at a paper in a library.

College in High School course approval must be obtained from the University and should be completed by Feb. 1 for the following fall semester. Course equivalency is determined by the Office of the Registrar.

Approval requirements:

  • Cumulative 3.0 GPA
  • Following a college preparatory track
High school kids looking to teacher sitting at their desk
High school kids looking to teacher sitting at their desk

If you are interested in pursuing college credits in high school, your guidance counselor or teacher can contact our Admissions team.

© Copyright 2024 Carlow University. All rights reserved.