CScD, Medical Speech-Language Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
MS, Speech-Language Pathology, Columbia University, Teachers College, New York, N.Y.
BS, Communicative Disorders, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, R.I.
- Effects of clinical teaching models on students’ critical thinking
- Dalessio (Procaccini), S.J., Carlino, N.J., Barnum, M.G., Joseph, D.M., Sovak, M.M., “A pilot study investigating the effect of the supervision-questioning-feedback model on stimulating critical thinking in speech-language pathology graduate students,” Teaching & Learning in Communication Sciences & Disorders, 2021
- Dalessio (Procaccini), S.J., “A tutorial for implementing strategic questioning in the clinical teaching environment,” Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups, 2019
- Dudding, C., McCready, V., Nunez, L., Procaccini, S., “Clinical supervision in speech-language pathology and audiology in the United States: Development of a professional specialty,” The Clinical Supervisor, 2017
- Procaccini, S.J., McNamara, K., Lenzen, N.M., “Leading the way with supervision training: Embracing change and transforming practice,” Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups, 2017
- Procaccini, S.J., Carlino, N.J., Joseph, D.M., “Clinical teaching methods for stimulating students’ critical thinking,” Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups, 2016
- Procaccini, S.J., Leslie, P., “This house believes in instrumental assessment,” Speech and Language Therapy Practice, 2010
Awards & Recognition
- Editor, Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Group 11, 2021-2023
- Editorial Board Member, Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Group 11, 2017-2020
- Editorial Board Member, Dysphagia Division, American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 2019-2021
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association SIG 11 Coordinating Committee Member, 2021-2023
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association’s Ad Hoc Committee on Supervision Training, 2014-2016
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Pennsylvania Speech-Language-Hearing Association
“Carlow University’s Speech-Language Pathology program will prepare students to enter the field with clinical excellence. We are committed to interprofessional team-based learning and clinical skills development through an innovative plan of study. I am eager to provide impactful teaching-learning opportunities that will inspire the next generation of leaders in speech-language pathology.” – Samantha Dalessio