Postdoctoral researcher, Chemical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
PhD, Organic Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
BA, Chemistry, Biology, Wittenberg University, Springfield, Ohio
- Application of organic synthesis to the preparation of complex polymer systems
- Effects of sequence on polymer properties such as degradability, thermal and mechanical properties, etc.
- Developing and implementing new experiments and procedures for laboratory classes
- Short, A.L., Feng, C., Nowalk, J.A., Weiss, R.M., Liu, P., Meyer, T.Y., “Cis-selective metathesis to enhance the living character of ring-opening polymerization,” ACS Macro Letters, 2018
- Weiss, R.M., Li, J., Liu, H.H., Meyer, T.Y., “Determining Sequence Fidelity in Repeating Sequence Poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid)s,” Macromolecules, 2017
- Weiss, R.M., Short, A.L., Meyer, T.Y., “Sequence-controlled copolymers prepared via entropy-driven ring-opening metathesis polymerization,” ACS Macro Letters, 2015
- Li, J., Washington, M.A., Bell, K.L., Weiss, R.M., Rothstein, S.N., Little, S.R., Edenborn, H.M., Meyer, T.Y., “Engineering Hydrolytic Degradation Behavior of Poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) through Precise control of Monomer Sequence,” American Chemical Society, 2014
- Meyer, T.Y., Weiss, R.M., Washington, M.A., “Sequenced poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) copolymers,” American Chemical Society, 2013
- Stayshich, R.M., Weiss, R.M., Li, J., Meyer, T.Y., “Periodic Incorporation of Pendant Hydroxyl Groups in Repeating Sequence PLGA Copolymers,” Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 2011
- Weiss, R.M., Jones, E.M., Shafer, D.E., Stayshich, R.M., Meyer, T.Y., “Synthesis of repeating sequence copolymers of lactic, glycolic and caprolactic acids,” Journal of Polymer Science, Part A Polymer Chemistry, 2011
“I really enjoy that the laboratory class sizes are small enough that I can get to know the students and teach them how to use advanced instrumentation that they might not get a chance to work with at a larger school.” — Ryan Weiss