PhD, Adult Health and Physical Activity, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
MSN, Carlow University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
BSN, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Investigation of health literacy, diversity in graduate nursing curricula, healthcare delivery in rural Appalachia, curriculum in nursing education, and the use of graduate assistants related to nursing education outcomes
- Examination of counseling behaviors of registered nurses in primary care, home care and public health on physical activity behaviors (Doctoral dissertation)
- Donovan H.S., Ward S.E., Sereika S., et al., “Web-Based Symptom Management for Women with Recurrent Ovarian Cancer: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial of the WRITE Symptoms Intervention,” Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 2014
Awards & Recognition
- Nursing Excellence Educator Award honorable mention, Carlow University, 2021
- Cameos of Caring, Carlow University, 2019
- Adjunct Faculty of the Year, Carlow University, 2008
- Nurse VALOR Resident Award, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1989-1990
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing Diversity Equity and Inclusion Group
- American Association of Men in Nursing Western Pennsylvania
- Healthcare Council of Western PA sub-committee on Health Literacy
- Sigma Theta Tau, Eta and Eta Epsilon chapters
“At Carlow, we foster student success, embrace students in our culture and strive to represent the values of the Sisters of Mercy through our work and our work environment. We help you realize that you are more than you think you can be. Advancing your education can open opportunities that you never even knew existed!” — Renee Ingel