DNP, Chatham University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
MSN, Nursing Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, Pa.
BSN, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Associate Degree of Nursing, Excelsior College, Albany, N.Y.
LPN, El Centro College, Dallas, Texas
- Koharchik, L., Flavin, P.M., “Teaching Students to Administer Medications Safely,” American Journal of Nursing, 2017
- Bernardo, L.M., Stein, H., Flavin, P., “ The ABCDiet Program: Evaluation of project outcomes,” School Nurse News, 2010
- Flavin, P.M., “Infectious and Communicable Diseases,” chapter in “Core curriculum for pediatric emergency nursing,” D. Thomas and L. Bernardo (editors), Des Plaines, Ill., Emergency Nurses Association, 2009
- Albrecht, S., Flavin, P.M., Radtke, J. “Teen Pregnancy,” in Encyclopedia of Family Health, SAGE Publications, 2011
Awards & Recognition
- Cameo of Caring Award, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing, 2016
- Carlow University Max and Esther Sestili Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2017
- Sigma Theta Tau Society
- National Nursing Society
- American Nurses Association
- National League for Nursing
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Pennsylvania State Nurses Association