DNP, Carlow University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
MSN, Education and Leadership, Carlow University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
BSN, Waynesburg University, Waynesburg, Pa.
Diploma, Allegheny Valley Hospital School of Nursing, Natrona Heights, Pa.
- “Doctor of Nursing Practice Advocacy for Pennsylvania House Bill 1623: The Whole Woman’s Health Funding Priorities Act”, Burkett, L., 2016
- Burkett, L., “Collaborative Decision Making: Empowering Nurse Leaders,” Nursing Management, 2016
Awards & Recognition
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Eta Epsilon Chapter, multiple years
- Anne DeNardo McGowan DNP Leadership Award, Carlow University, 2016
- Colloquium Podium Presenter, Carlow, 2016
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Nu Sigma Chapter, 2012
- Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society, Pennsylvania State University, 2011
- Quarato Nursing Scholarship Award, Pennsylvania State University, 2010
- University Faculty Association Policy & Procedure Committee
- CHW Graduate Curriculum Committee
- UPMC Academic Partnership Council Member
- AHN Bridging the Gap Academic Partner Member
“As the Carlow University clinical coordinator for the nurse practitioner programs, I find the role extremely rewarding – to be part of the students’ NP journey, helping them persevere amid many challenges to achieve outstanding success.” — Linda Burkett