DNP, Carlow University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
MSN, Nursing Administration, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
BSN, York College of Pennsylvania, York, Pa.
- Development of critical thinking skills among BSN students
- Experiential learning through clinical based summer internships
- Nash, J., Kamel, T., Sherer, J., Nauer, K., “Implementing a Perioperative Nursing Student Summer Internship,” American Operating Room Nurses Journal, 2018
- Contributor to “Hospital-Academic Partnership Steers New Nurses to the OR,” OR Manager, 2017
- “Carlow University Introduces Undergraduate Nursing Students to Perioperative Nursing Through Innovative Internship Partnership with UPMC,” OR Today, 2016
- “Politics, Policy and Nursing,” Hospital News, 2003
- “Compendium of Instruments Measuring Patient Satisfaction with Nursing Care,” Quality Review Bulletin, 1990
Awards & Recognition
- Mission Moment Recognition by the Carlow Board of Trustees for Leadership, 2018
- Pittsburgh Magazine Excellence in Nursing Award, 2016
- Anne Denardo McGowan DNP Leadership Award, 2012
- Sisters of Mercy Excellence in Advising Award, 2010
- Cameo of Caring Educator Award, 2008
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society
- American Nurses Association
- Pennsylvania Nurses Association
“Nursing is a very rewarding profession with so many opportunities to make an impact on individuals, families and communities. It is great to be involved with teaching BSN students and helping them make connections between nursing content and clinical practice.” – Janice Nash