PhD, Philosophy, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, N.Y.
MA, Philosophy, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, Colo.
BA, Philosophy, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, Colo.
- Ethics of robotics and artificial intelligence
- Influence of Jewish, Muslim and Catholic neoplatonists on the use of stained glass in medieval and gothic cathedrals, telling the amazing story of the Metaphysics of Light. How many beams of light can dance on the head of a pin?
- Areas of competence: Freud, Sartre, philosophy of mythology, existentialism and aesthetics
- Developed “Take your Father to School Day” for Pittsburgh Public Schools in 1998 (became a statewide initiative in 2001 and Pittsburgh citywide in 2003)
- Three articles per month for Web Hosting Geeks including Geek Ethicist, May 2012-2013
- “This Is The Way The Higher Education Bubble Ends: Not with a pop but a fizzle,” PJMedia, 2012
- “Off the Grid: Rights, Religion and the Rise of the Eco-Gentry,” Hunting: Philosophy for Everyone, ed. Nathan Kowalsky, Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, 2010
- “Fundamentalism is not Fascism,” Intellectual Conservative
- “The Democratic Party is the Mental Illness Party,” Intellectual Conservative, 2006
- “Oh Well, Boys Will Be Girls: Essential Problems of Boys and Girls,” Intellectual Conservative, 2006
- Monthly columnist for Intellectual Conservative.com, 2006
- “Americans Certainly Do Love Their TT’s: A Marxist Lesson for the Right,” MensNewsDaily.com, 2005
- Founding board member and board president of Imagine Penn Hills Charter School of Entrepreneurship, 2011-2013
- Political commentator for PCNTV “Night Talk: Get to the Point” since 2005