PhD, Forest Resource Science, West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.
MS, Biology, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion, Pa.
BS, Biology, Carlow College, Pittsburgh, Pa.
AS, Biology, Community College of Allegheny County, West Mifflin, Pa.
- The ecology, behavior and population/conservation genetics of vertebrates, especially fish, mammals and birds
- Kelly Petrick, William Seddon, Thomas Lambert, Frank Ammer, “Fecal pellet surveys and DNA analysis reveal that Appalachian cottontails are more widespread than previously recorded,” Journal of the Pennsylvania Academy of Science, 2019
- P.B. Wood, F.K. Ammer, “Grasshopper Sparrow Reproductive Success and Habitat Use on Reclaimed Surface Mines Varies by Age of Reclamation,” Wildlife Society Bulletin, 2016
- Jessica R. Brandt, Adam L. Brandt, Alfred L. Roca, Frank K. Ammer, Thomas L. Serfass, “Impact of Population Expansion on Genetic Diversity and Structure of River Otters in Central North America,” Journal of Heredity, 2013
- C. Tanner, F.K. Ammer, R.J. Barry, “Tick Burdens of Peromyscus leucopus and Borrelia Infection Rates in Ixodid Ticks in a Fragmented Virginia Landscape,” Southeastern Naturalist, 2010
- F.K. Ammer, R.J. McPherson, P.B. Wood, “Gender identification of Grasshopper Sparrows comparing behavioral, morphological and molecular techniques,” Wilson Journal of Ornithology, 2008
- B. Freedman, F.K. Ammer, R.S. Fritz, “Optimization of DNA isolation from feathers,” Pennsylvania Academy of Science, 2008
- The Wildlife Society
- Wilson Ornithological Society
- American Ornithologists’ Union
- Association of Field Ornithologists
- Partners in Flight
- Xi Sigma Pi Graduate Student Association
- Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society