PhD, Molecular Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
BS, Biology, Bethany College, Bethany, W.Va.
- Molecular biology
- DNA repair
- Nadkarni, A., Furda, A., Rajesh, C., McInnes, C., Ruch, RJ, Pittman, DL, “Functional Characterization of the RAD51D E233G Genetic Variant,” Pharmacogenet Genomics, 2009 Burns, JT, Scurti, PJ, Furda, A., “Darwin, Earthworms & Circadian Rhythms: A Fertile Field for Science Fair Experiments,” American Biology Teacher, 2009
- Simsek, D., Furda, A., Gao, Y., Artus, J., Brunet, E., Hadjantonakis, AK, Van Houten, B., Shuman, S., McKinnon, PJ, Jasin, M., “Crucial role for DNA ligase III in mitochondria but not in Xrcc1-dependent repair,” Nature, 2011
- Furda, A., Santos, JH, Meyer, JN, Van Houten, B., “Quantitative PCR-based measurement of nuclear and mitochondrial DNA damage and repair in mammalian cells,” Methods of Molecular. Biology, 2014
- Furda, A., Bess, AS, Meyer, JN, Van Houten, B., “Analysis of DNA damage and repair in nuclear and mitochondrial DNA of animal cells using quantitative PCR,” Methods of Molecular. Biology, 2012
- Furda, A., Marrangoni, AM, Lokshin, A., Van Houten, B., “Oxidants and not alkylating agents induce rapid mtDNA loss and mitochondrial dysfunction,” DNA Repair, 2012
Awards & Recognition
- Presentation of doctoral research at Translational Research in Mitochondria, Aging and Disease Symposia, 2011
- University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh, 2010-2011
- Departmental Fellowship, Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh, 2008-2009
- NIH Predoctoral Training Grant in Pharmacological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, 2007-2008
- Association of College and University Biology Educators
- Carlow Neuroscience IONM Program Advisory Committee