DNP, Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, N.Y.
MSN, Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, N.Y.
BSN, Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, N.Y.
BA, Philosophy, Catholic Theology, Saint Vincent College, Latrobe, Pa.
- Needle Safety in HIV setting, Dr. Arlene Smaldone, 2011
- Obesity Self-management Education: Interventions explored in Primary Care in NYC, Dr. Elizabeth Hall, 2010
- Sucrose as Analgesia, Dr. Karen Desjardins, 2008
- Foreman, Ruth, Zappas, Michelle & Lavell, Julia. “Dermatology in Skin of Color.” Nurse Practitioner Journal, 2022
- Foreman, Ruth, Zappas, Michelle & Lavell, Julia. “Cochlear implants in primary care: expectant guidance for parents” Journal of Nurse Practitioners, 2021
- Zappas, Michelle, Foreman, Ruth. “Pharmacogenomics for NPs in primary care” with Michelle Zappas Journal of Nurse Practitioners, 2021
- Foreman, Ruth and Mihaljevic, Susan, “Bone Density in Pregnancy and Lactation,” Journal of Nurse Practitioners, 2020
- Foreman, Ruth, Zappas, Michelle and Whitely, Cameron, “Antidepressant Withdrawal: A Guide for Primary Care Providers,” Journal of Nurse Practitioners, 2020
- Zappas, Michelle and Foreman, Ruth “PReP: Prescriptions for Our Patients,” Journal of Doctoral Nursing Practice, 2019
- Foreman, Ruth, “Eczema Babies: Guidance in Primary Care,” Advance for NPs and PAs, 2019
- Madden (Foreman), Ruth, “Smart Cards: Can you carry your health records in your wallet?” Advance for NPs and PAs, 2012
- Madden (Foreman), Ruth, “Obesity Self-Management Education,” Clinical Scholar Review, 2012
Awards & Recognition
- Excellence in Nursing Award in Academics, Pittsburgh Magazine, 2021
- Dorothy Weber Cochran ’43 Award for Excellence in Faculty Scholarship and Research, Carlow University, 2021
- Digital Learning Awards, CDLI at Carlow University, 2020
- Mary Dickey Lindsay Scholar, Columbia University, 2010
- Academic Scholarship, Columbia University, 2008
- Alumni Association Scholar recipient, Columbia University, 2008-12
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges, 2000
- Billings Ovulation Method Association of USA
- FACTS, Fertility Appreciation Collaborative to Teach the Systems
- Sigma Theta Tau
“At Carlow I love the student-to-faculty ratio. This gives me time to focus on individual learning styles and discuss material in depth. The faculty and staff are collegial and supportive to one another and this provides a unique structure of support.” — Ruth Foreman