PhD, Administration and Leadership Studies, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pa.
MA, Political Science/Public Affairs, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pa.
BA, Public Administration, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
BA, double major Political Science and History, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Lead training activities to deploying military units to prepare them for missions. Instruction to the deploying units’ command team and senior leaders on the “right” way to manage their organization provides a clear reference point and understanding of the most effective techniques to ensure success.
- Led preventive maintenance mission during medical operation to La Paz, Bolivia, in 2004, that delivered life-changing medical supplies and services to over 5,000 individuals.
- Developed and delivered public health educational modules to local/rural population in Mendoza, Chile from February to July, 2005. Courses focused on encouraging a proper diet, common sanitation and healthy life choices.
- M. Kistler, “An Examination of the Leadership Styles of U.S. Army Reserve General Officers,” doctoral dissertation for Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 2014.
- Hebb, A., Kistler, M., George, L., Zamboni, B., “Satisfaction and Technology Acceptance of Staff Utilizing Continuous Video Monitoring in Comparison to Sitters,” The Journal of Nursing Administration, 2021
- Assisted with numerous research projects from 1992 until present, the majority of which were published in trade and professional journals.
“Our Carlow Healthcare Management, Healthcare Data Analytics, and Public Health Programs prepare new students for careers in the industry, and help those already in the workforce build upon their experience.” — Michael Kistler, PhD