PhD, Social Work, University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work, Pittsburgh, Pa.
MSW, Direct Practice, University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work, Pittsburgh, Pa.
MA, Sociology, Human Services Specialization, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pa.
BA, double major, Psychology and Sociology, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pa.
- Child maltreatment
- Forensic interviews
- Secondary trauma
- Interagency collaboration and advocacy
- Family trauma and loss
- Coparenting and forgiveness
- Social policy
- Hysock-Witham, D., Bonach, K., “Exploring Perceived Collaboration between Children’s Advocacy Centers and Rape Crisis Centers in Pennsylvania,” Sociological Viewpoints, 2018
- Bonach, K., Heckert, D.A., “Predictors of Secondary Traumatic Stress among Children’s Advocacy Center Forensic Interviewers,” Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 2012
- Bonach, K., Mabry, J.B., Potts-Henry, C., “Exploring Non-offending Caregiver Client Satisfaction with Children’s Advocacy Center,” Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 2010
- Bonach, K., “Empirical support for the application of the Forgiveness Intervention Model to post-divorce coparenting,” Journal of Divorce and Remarriage, 2009
- Bonach, K., “Forgiveness Intervention Model: Application to coparenting post- divorce,” Journal of Divorce and Remarriage, 2007
- Bonach, K., “Factors contributing to quality coparenting: Implications for family policy,” Journal of Divorce and Remarriage, 2005
- Bonach, K., Sales, E., Koeske, G., “Gender differences in perceptions of coparenting quality among ex-partners,” Journal of Divorce and Remarriage, 2005
Awards & Recognition
- Most Notable Women Award, American Association of University Women
- Professor Emerita, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Emeritus Board Member, CARE Center and Children’s Advocacy Center
- Research Institute (IUP) New Investigator of the Year Award
- National Association of Social Workers
- National End of Life Doula Alliance
- Council on Social Work Education
- Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors
“Hope and empowerment are the essence of social work. Social work is a calling and a lifestyle. We help change futures. Social workers advocate for social justice and human rights. Carlow BSW students and graduates demonstrate an ongoing passion and commitment to helping others. Their contribution to making the world a better place is what I value the most as the program director.” – Kathryn Bonach