PhD, English, Binghamton University, Binghamton, N.Y.
MA, English, Binghamton University, Binghamton, N.Y.
BA, English, Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich.
- Literature of environmental justice
- Contemporary women’s poetry
- African American literature
- “Lucille Clifton’s and Claudia Rankine’s Elegiac Poetics of Nature,” essay published in “Revisiting the Elegy in the Black Lives Matter Era,” Routledge, 2020
- Poems published in Adagio Verse Quarterly, Lit Candles: Feminist Mentoring and the Text, The Metro Times, Pittsburgh’s City Paper, Broad River Review, Paterson Literary Review, Pittsburgh Quarterly, Walloon Writers Review and The Fourth River.
- Translations of Korean poetry with co-translator Chae-pyong Song in Azalea: Journal of Korean Literature & Culture, The Gwangju News, Illuminations: An International Magazine of Contemporary Writers, Women’s Studies Quarterly, Sirena: Poetry, Art, Criticism and The Korea Times.
Awards & Recognition
- 40th Modern Korean Literature Award in Poetry Translation, shared with co-translator Chae-Pyong Song, The Korean Times, 2009
“One of my favorite parts of teaching English and Women’s & Gender Studies courses is how much I learn from my students. I love their curiosity, humor and the level of concern they exhibit for others and the environment. They inspire me every day.” – Anne Rashid, PhD