Admission Requirements, Application Process and Tuition
The Master of Science Program in Speech-Language Pathology at Carlow University welcomes applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds from students just completing undergraduate programs in relevant majors or other areas of study, to non-traditional students looking for second-career options.
- Completion of a CSDCAS Application no later than February 15, 2021
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of each of the following pre-requisite courses with a letter grade of "C" or higher from an accredited institution prior to Fall program start:
- Communication Sciences & Disorders Prerequisites (15 total credit hours):
- Phonetics (3 credits)
- Speech & language Development (3 credits)
- Speech & Hearing Science (3 credits)
- Introduction to Audiology (3 credits)
- General Anatomy & Physiology I or Anatomy & Physiology of Speech & Hearing Mechanism (3 credits)
- Additional prerequisite coursework (12 total credit hours):
- Biological Sciences (3 credits)
- Physical Sciences (3 credits)
- Social/Behavioral Sciences (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Verification of completion of 25 guided clinical observation hours with a Speech-Language Pathologist certified by the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) prior to Fall program start
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one letter should be from a current or previous professor.
- A copy of current resume/CV
- A personal written statement describing academic objectives, plans for graduate study, and career goals
- Completion of a virtual personal interview
- Verification of the ability to perform all of the essential functions required to practice as a speech-language pathologist as defined in the program’s Essential Functions for Speech-Language Pathology Education document.
- For international students, official score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) should be at least 90 on the internet-based test with no subsections below 20. Applicants may also submit an official SAT score or 24 or more credits from an accredited American college or university with a C or higher (excluding ESL courses)
*The program does not require GRE scores.
Applications will be reviewed once they are complete. After review, eligible candidates will be invited for interviews which begin in late fall 2020.
As of July 15, 2020, Carlow University is accepting applications for review with plans to enroll graduate students for the Fall 2021 semester. All applications should be submitted on or before February 15, 2021 through CSDCAS, a centralized application service endorsed by the Council of Academic Programs in Communication Science and Disorders (CAPCSD). No additional application materials should be sent to the program.
Tuition for the 2021-2022 Academic Year
Tuition Per Credit: $989/credit
Additional Program Fees
- Labs: $200 per lab
- Externship Fee: $250 per 16 week externship
*Additional University Fees as well as software and textbook costs are not included in fee schedule
Learn more about the Speech-Language Pathology program