The search for Carlow University's 11th President
The hiring of a new president is one of the most important decisions that the University’s Board of Trustees will make.
In order to inform this decision, the Board has charged a Presidential Search Committee, comprised of trustees, faculty, staff, students, alumni, representatives of the Sisters of Mercy and the Diocese of Pittsburgh, to make a recommendation.
The Committee is led by the Chair of the Board of Trustees, Dorothy A. Davis, JD, Class of 1978.
Meet the Presidential Search Committee
- Dorothy A. Davis, JD, Chair, Carlow University Board of Trustees and Chair of the Presidential Search Committee; Class of 1978; Carlow University Woman of Spirit; Member, Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC
- Keely O. Baronak, EdD, Executive Director, Campus Laboratory School; Chair, Education Department, College of Arts and Sciences, Carlow University
- Sheila Carney, RSM, Special Assistant to the President for Mercy Heritage, Carlow University, and Pittsburgh Sisters of Mercy
- Nick DeWitt, Student Success Coordinator, Enrollment Management; Chair of the Staff Advisory Council, Carlow University
- Bryan F. DiLucente, Vice Chair, Carlow University Board of Trustees and Chair of the Enterprise Risk Management and Audit Committee; Managing Director, LitCon
- Sandi DiMola, JD, Chair, Department of Analytical, Physical, & Social Sciences; Director, Center for Experiential Learning, Carlow University
- Bart Gabler, JD, Member, Carlow University Board of Trustees; Chief Information Officer and Director of Pricing and Legal Project Management, K&L Gates, LLP
- E. Jeanne Gleason, Class of 1960; Immediate Past Board Chair, Carlow University Board of Trustees; Trustee Emerita; Past Chair, Pennsylvania Council on the Arts; Community Leader
- Anthony Good, DNP, Assistant Professor of Nursing; Co-Chair of the University Faculty Assembly, College of Health and Wellness, Carlow University
- Sigrid King, PhD, English Program Director and Professor, College of Arts and Sciences, Carlow University
- Martin LaMar, Member, Carlow University Board of Trustees; Chief Economic Development Officer, City of Pittsburgh
- Marcia Martin, Secretary, Carlow University Board of Trustees; Co-Chair of the Special Board of Trustees and Presidential Anti-Racism Strategic Planning Task Force; Vice President, Gateway Health Plan
- Steve Massaro, Member, Carlow University Board of Trustees and Chair of the Facilities and Technology Committee; President, Massaro Corporation
- Caitlin McLaughlin, Member, Carlow University Board of Trustees and Chair of the Academic and Student Affairs Committee; Executive Vice President, Talent Strategies Executive, The PNC Financial Group
- David J. Meadows, Senior Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services and Chief Financial Officer, Carlow University
- Erin Phillips, OTD, Associate Professor and Program Director, Occupational Therapy Program, College of Health and Wellness, Carlow University
- Christen Rose, Class of 2021; Senior Psychology Major with a focus in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Carlow University
- Morton D. Stanfield Jr., Class of 2004; Member, Carlow University Board of Trustees and Chair of the Endowment and Retirement Benefits Committee; Vice President, Corporate Banking, Dollar Bank
- Bret Stiffler, Director, Grace Library and the Center for Digital Learning and Innovation (CDLI), Carlow University
- Yousef Tamimi, Class of 2022; Junior Biology Major, Carlow University
- Anna B. Torrance, JD: Trustee; Chair of the Trusteeship Committee; Designee of Bishop David A. Zubik, Diocese of Pittsburgh; Secretary for Catholic Education and Evangelization, Diocese of Pittsburgh
- Julia A. Upton, RSM, PhD, Member, Carlow University Board of Trustees; Provost Emerita and Distinguished Professor of Theology (retired), St. John's University, New York
Presidential Search Timeline
- President Mellon announces plans to retire on June 30, 2021
- Presidential search launches with Academic Search, Inc.
- Presidential Search Committee named
- Academic Search, Inc. engages in forums with Carlow community
- Academic Search, Inc. officially launches active recruitment for University president