Modern Languages Minor

Students may earn a minor in modern languages by achieving six semesters of foreign language study.

At least three of those semesters must be obtained at Carlow by studying language in a Carlow University-approved study abroad program language course, 91 a PCHE language course, or by completion of EN 220 Linguistics. The balance may be achieved by transferring credits. 

Eligible credits include: 

  • Credits earned on study abroad prior to transfer to Carlow OR during enrollment at Carlow
  • Credits earned through study at a PCHE institution (These are cross-registered, not transferred credits.)
  • Credits transferred from another college or university at the time of transfer admission

For more information, please contact Ben Pilcher, director of the Center for Global Learning, at 412.578.6557 or