On Friday, the University announced that all classes beginning Jan. 10 will be remote until Jan. 24, 2022. Please see the full announcement by clicking here.
We have received some questions regarding the communication and want to clarify the following information:
- Offices re-opened today, Jan. 4, and will remain open on campus for the duration of the semester as posted.
- Residence Halls will open as scheduled, as will dining services in a grab-and-go format. Students are able, but not required, to return to the residence halls on Sunday, Jan. 9, and will receive additional information from Residence Life.
- The bookstore will be open and operating as communicated for the semester beginning.
- All classes and class experiences will be remote until Jan. 24. Classes will return to their original format (on-ground, in-person) beginning Monday, Jan. 24, 2022.
- Carlow faculty and students in experiential learning programs with many of our healthcare partners will be required to have a COVID-19 vaccination. Please consult your advisor or clinical supervisor for details if you feel this may pertain to you.
Responding to Health Issues
As we navigate the pandemic environment, please use the following guidelines:
If you have any COVID-19-related symptoms, regardless of vaccination status, please do not come to campus. Contact Health Services, 412-578-6474, and/or your Primary Care Physician (PCP) for further guidance.
When symptomatic, students are encouraged to communicate directly with faculty regarding course requirements and maintaining progress in a remote status.
Reminders this Week:
ACTION NEEDED: Spring Registration
Students are encouraged to register for Spring 2022 classes at their earliest convenience, as we will soon begin evaluating sections to determine whether consolidation needs to occur. Please contact our faculty advisor if you have any questions about course selection or want to discuss specific program requirements. If you have a hold and are unable to register, you may find details in Self-Service. You may also contact the HUB, 412-578-6389, for assistance.
ACTION NEEDED: COVID-19 Vaccine
On Friday, Dec. 3, the University announced that vaccination will be required as of Jan. 24, 2022, for all students, faculty, and staff who are not fully on-line. Full details may be found by clicking here. Additional related information, including waiver requests, may be found by clicking here.
Help Needed? Submit a Care Report
With the beginning of each semester, students occasionally struggle with affordability, academic adjustments, and connecting to the community. If you become concerned about yourself or others, please submit a report and let the Care Team know about any needs, questions or concerns. We are active and will contact you, or those you refer, to help. You may also contact the Student Affairs office at 412-578-6293 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
May each of you have a Happy New Year!
Timothy P. Phillips, PhD
Vice President of Student Affairs & Dean of Students