DEd, Curriculum and Instruction, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pa.
MEd, Early Childhood Education, Carlow University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
BS, Elementary and Special Education, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Hirsh, R., Baronak, K., “Empowering early childhood pre-service teachers with tech fluency,” Creative Education, 2020
- Hirsh, R., “Early childhood curriculum: Incorporating multiple intelligences, developmentally appropriate practice and play,” New York, Allyn & Bacon, 2004
- Hirsh, R., “Early literacy trends for children identified as at risk for school failure: Are they consistent with contemporary neuroscience and learning theory?” chapter in “Early Childhood and Neuroscience – Links to Development and Learning,” edited by L. Wasserman & D. Zambo, New York, Springer, 2013
- Jalongo, M.R., Hirsh, R., “Reconceptualizing creative thought processes in young children: An integrative review of the research,” chapter in “Contemporary Perspectives on Research in Creativity in Early Childhood Education,” edited by O. Saracho, Charlotte, N.C., Information Age Publishing, 2012
- Jalongo, M., Hirsh, R., “Understanding reading anxiety: New insights from neuroscience,” Early Childhood Education Journal, 2010
- Hirsh, R., “Creativity: Cultural capital in the mathematics classroom,” Creative Education, 2010
- Hirsh, R. (ed.), “Three Hierarchs Eastern Orthodox School Curriculum for K-8th Grade” curriculum, 2008
Awards & Recognition
- Max & Esther Sestili Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2013
- Digital Teaching and Innovation Award, 2017
- Woman of Spirit Award, 2017
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Association for the Supervision of Curriculum Development