PhD, Counselor Education and Supervision, The University of Akron, Akron, Ohio
MSEd, Community/College Counseling, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, Ohio
MEd, Health Education, Pennsylvania State University, Penn State Harrisburg, Middletown, Pa.
BS, Human Development and Family Studies, Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pa.
- Kautzman-East, M., Simpson, S., Kress, V.E., “Marriage, divorce, and mental health,” book chapter in “Mental health issues in America: An Encyclopedia,” ed. M. Shally-Jensen, Santa Barbara, Calif., ABC-CLIO/Greenwood, 2013
- Kautzman-East, M., et al., “A proposed definition and structure of counselor dispositions,” Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, 2020
- Schwartz, R.C., Kautzman-East, M., Macey, P., Chopko, B.A., “Psychosocial predictors of legal problems among psychotic persons: Implications for law enforcement and criminal justice,” Applied Psychology in Criminal Justice, 2015
- Headley, J.A., Kautzman-East, M., Kress, V.E., Pusateri, C.G., “Making the intangible tangible: Using expressive rock art during termination to co-construct meaning,” Journal of Creativity in Mental Health, 2014
Awards & Recognition
- The University of Akron Outstanding Research/Writing Award, Chi Sigma Iota, Upsilon Chapter, 2015
- Youngstown State University Outstanding Alumni Practitioner Award, Chi Sigma Iota, Eta Chapter, 2015
- Feminist Mentor Award, Committee for Research on Women and Gender, 2013
- American Counseling Association, ACES and NCDA divisions
- Pennsylvania Counseling Association, PACES and GPCA divisions
- Chi Sigma Iota