PhD, Criminology, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pa.
MA, Criminology, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pa.
BA, Criminology, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, Pa.
- Sexual victimization
- College victimization
- College campus crime
- Juvenile justice
- Legalization of marijuana
- Swope, K.L., “How can college rape prevention programs be improved?” Criminal Justice Research Review, 2014
- Swope, K.L., “How can college rape prevention programs be improved?” Sexual Assault Report Newsletter, 2014
- Book review, Criminal Justice Policy Review: “The Dark Side of the Ivory Tower: Campus Crime as a Social Problem,” Sloan, J.J. & Fisher, B., 2011
Awards & Recognition
- Sage Junior Faculty Development Award, Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences, 2013
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences Minorities and Women’s Section Ester Madriz Student Travel Award, 2009
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania Foundation Doctoral Fellowship, 2007
- Slippery Rock University Unterwagner Sociology Scholarship, for outstanding academic excellence, 2005
- American Society of Criminology
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
“My goal is to provide all of my students the best and practical experience possible while enrolled at Carlow. This includes education, mentoring and organizing career-related events and experiences.” — Katie Swope