PhD, Education, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
MSW, Social Work, Marywood University, Scranton, Pa.
BA, Sociology, Thiel College, Greenville, Pa.
- Macro social work
- Cultural competency
- Cultural humility
- Social justice
- Leadership theories and practice
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Smith, E.B., “Diversifying the Role Course Content Plays,” Journal of Entrepreneurship, 2019
- Smith, E.B., “Considerations for Incorporating Spirituality and Religion with clients who desire an integrated Treatment Approach,” Culture and Religion Journal, 2019
- Smith, E.B., “The Challenge of Cultural Competency in a Multicultural Society,” International Diversity Journal, 2018
- Smith, E.B., “How Social Media can support a Campus Community through the Grieving Process,” Conflict Resolution Journal, 2018
- Smith, E.B., “Cross-Racial and Cross-Cultural Adaptations of Interventions in Social Work Practice with Children, Youth and Families,” International Diversity Journal, 2017
- Smith, E.B., “Relativism in Increasing Cultural Diversity Philosophy,” Culture and Religion Journal, 2017
- Smith, E.B., “Reconstructing Race in Florida’s Supplier Diversity Initiative,” Journal of Entrepreneurship, 2016
Awards & Recognition
- Editorial Peer Review, School Leadership and Management Journal, 2015-2017
- Board member, Center for Critical Thinking Board, Naples, Fla., 2014-2015
- Franklin Publishing Award for Excellence in Research, 2013-2014
- President’s Council on Equity, Inclusion and Community, Carlow University
- National Association of Black Social Workers, Washington, D.C.
- The Pennsylvania Association of Social Work Education
“The more authentic we are within ourselves, the more authentic we can be with those we love. Question. Engage. Succeed.” — Earl Bradford Smith