EdD, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
MEd, Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pa.
BS, Carlow University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- “Carlow University 1990-2020: A Continuing History of Mission and Curriculum,” sabbatical project, unpublished paper, 2021
- “Artificial Intelligence and the Impact on Business Curricula,” Academy of Business Research Journal, 2019
- “Managing University Rank and Tenure Decisions,” with Enrique Mu. International Journal of Business and Systems Research, 2019
- “Be of Mercy,” speech, copyright 2020
- “Sr. Jane Scully: A Remarkable Journey of Religious Leadership,” Carlow Roundtable Conference Proceedings (Dublin, Ireland), 2015
- “Carlow Uganda Case Study Using AHP at the Undergraduate Level,” International Symposium on AHP Conference Proceedings, June 2014
- “Fraud in the Funeral Industry: What You’re Dying to Know!” Academy of Business Research Conference Proceedings, 2013
- “Case Study: Using the SEPTE+C Framework to Analyze the Aral Sea Disaster” and “Ways to Use the SEPTE+C Framework in Management Courses,” SAM Conference Proceedings – Refereed, 2011
Awards & Recognition
- Provost funding: “Business Management: Artificial Intelligence and Management Curricula,” research and analysis with student, D. D’Alessio, 2019
- Best Paper award for “Business Management: Artificial Intelligence and Management Curricula,” Academy of Business Research conference, 2019
- Competitive Scholarship Grant, Carlow University, 2015
- Best Paper Award for “Fraud in the Funeral Industry: What You’re Dying to Know!” Academy of Business Research Conference, San Antonio, Texas, 2013
- Grant award, $2,000 to develop service-learning class for Carlow University core curriculum requirements, 2008
- Carlow University Distinguished Alumnae Award for Service in Education, 2004
- Academy of Business Research
- FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- Society for the Advancement of Management
- Phi Chi Theta
“Be … of mercy.” – Cynthia Busin Nicola