New for 2019: Neuroscience!
Click here to register!
This 4 -day workshop is recommended for highly motivated
students interested in exploring the workings of the brain and
spinal cord and careers in neuroscience and medicine. Learn
about the brain, diseases that affect the nervous system, and how
medical professionals are trained and improve outcomes for
Through hands-on lab experiments, field trips to Pittsburgh's
research and industry facilities, and meetings with scientists and
professionals in the field, you'll see opportunities in biomedical
science that are available-and meet professionals succeeding in
these careers. You'll also meet other students, like you, who want
to explore a future in neuroscience.
Summer Science Nation- Neuroscience participants have
experiences that give them an advantage when applying to college,
Field Trips to:
- McGowan Center for Regenerative Medicine and area hospital and
speak with cutting-edge researchers
- Meet with a neurophysiologist to observe Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring - (IONM)
Carlow-led faculty labs:
- Anatomy and Physiology Lab
- Brains, and Hearts Dissection Lab
- Case Studies on how the brain works
- Hands-on lab work to
connect the structure and function of the brain.
- Tips for college preparation
- Meetings with professional researchers, scientists, and