Steps to transfer to Carlow

First Steps 

  • Work with your academic advisor at your current institution. Check to see if there is a transfer counselor designated to help you with the transfer process;
  • Review Carlow Academic Programs for a variety of majors;
  • Fill out this brief form to request information.

Next Steps

You will be assigned a Transfer Counselor to guide you through the transfer process at Carlow. After you've spoken to your Carlow transfer admissions counselor to get the transfer process started, you should:

  • Submit a completed application form by applying online
  • Submit an official transcript from each college and/or proprietary school attended—whether or not credit was earned—to the Office of Admissions (address below);
  • If you attempted less than 12 college credits (after high school completion), submit a final official high school transcript* to the Office of Admissions (address below) indicating your cumulative GPA, courses taken and grades received, class rank (if available), and SAT/ACT scores;
  • Arrange for a personal interview and campus visit. Although this is optional, it is strongly recommended, and in some instances, may be required. Admissions counselors are available to help with all steps of admissions and financial aid processes.
  • A transfer credit evaluation of your credits and how they apply to your major and core requirements will be developed by our faculty and advising staff in your intended major. Your credit evaluation also serves as an education plan, showing which courses and how many credits remain for completion of your degree. 

Mail admissions/transfer materials to:

Carlow University
Office of Admissions
3333 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Please send the information to the attention of your admissions/transfer counselor, if you have one.

*The transcript is considered official if it contains the seal of the institution and is issued directly to Carlow University. Transcripts delivered to the Office of Admissions by students are considered official only when sealed in an envelope with the institution’s seal over the flap. Faxed transcripts are not considered official. Official General Equivalency Diploma (GED) test scores may be accepted in lieu of high school transcripts.