FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS APPLYING TO CARLOW UNIVERSITY
All prospective, international undergraduate or graduate students who will have a United States visa (F-1, H-4, B-1 or B-2) while studying at Carlow will need to submit the following documents to the Office of Admissions:
1. Completed Online Application
2. Proof of English Language Proficiency
English Proficiency is required of all students. To show proficiency, you may submit one or
or more of the following:
- SAT Official Scholastic Achievement Test score. You can get more information
about SAT at http://www.sat.org. (Carlow School code is 2421.)
Scores Required: 500 (Math) and 500 (Critical Reading)
- TOEFL Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based Test) score.
Additional information can be found at http://www.toefl.org. (Carlow School
code is 2421.) Score Required: 90 with no less than 20 in any subject area.
- IELTS Official Test of International English Language Testing System score.
Additional information can be found at https://www.ielts.org/. (Carlow School
code is 2421.) Score Required: 6.5
- Official academic transcripts showing that you have studied in the U.S. for a
minimum of two years. (Excluding ESL courses.)
However, there are EXCEPTIONS to the English Proficiency Requirement:
- 24 or more credits from Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia and
- Born and raised in Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia or Ireland.
3. Official Academic Transcripts (secondary and/or post-secondary)
Admission decisions cannot be made without official transcripts. These documents must come directly from your school/schools in sealed envelopes. Student copies, scanned copies or photocopies are not acceptable. For some countries, other official test scores may be requested.
4. Official Transcript Evaluation
Transcript must be evaluated by one of the following transcript evaluation companies and have the official evaluation directly mailed form the company to Carlow, as copies will not be accepted.
However, if you have WES complete the ICAP evaluation you do not need to have your home country send an official transcript to Carlow.
5. Copy of Passport
This document can be accepted by email
5. Notarized Affidavit of Support Form (PDF)
This is required of all students who will have a United States visa (except holders of H-4, J-2, and R-1 visas). You may have several sponsors to cover the cost of your first academic year. If so, each sponsor must submit an affidavit for the amount pledged. Each affidavit must be accompanied by official bank or employer’s statement and must show evidence that the amount pledged is available. Bank statements should be no older than six months. Affidavits and bank statements must be submitted as the original; photocopies will not be accepted.
** The Affidavit of Support and bank statements are not required until after an admissions
decision has been determined. These are required in order to issue an I-20.
Carlow does not admit international students into Nursing and Education Programs, as well as the PsyD in Counseling Psychology.
Office of Admissions
3333 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
email@example.com (for students who wish to pursue their bachelor's degree)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for students who wish to pursue their graduate degree)
Meet our International Admissions Counselor
Director, Center for Global Learning412.email@example.com