Nursing Major: Pre-Licensure Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Carlow University’s NCLEX pass rates are among the highest in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Earn a bachelor of science in nursing from Carlow University. In this 120-credit, pre-licensure BSN program, you will learn the use of nursing process to support health promotion, disease prevention, and therapeutic and restorative care in diverse settings. These settings include hospitals, homes, schools, nursing homes, and home health and community agencies.
Your comprehensive education will culminate after graduation when you take the NCLEX-RN exam to become a licensed registered nurse. Here at Carlow, you learn everything you need to work as a generalist able to utilize the nursing process in a variety of healthcare settings.
BSN Program Highlights
- Urban location offers multiple opportunities for student
- Clinical nursing experience provided at various health agencies
in the area
- Prerequisites are built into the Bachelor's program
BSN program requirements
A nursing major requires 120 credits for graduation. These credits are in courses in the nursing major, general education, support, and the liberal arts, including University core requirements. Students enroll in the first clinical nursing course the first semester of the sophomore year in the program following successful completion of required support courses for the major.
Where our graduates go
This is just a small sample of where recent graduates of Carlow are working:
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
- UPMC Passavant, Shadyside, St. Margaret
- Excela Health
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Penn State
- Monongahela Valley Hospital