Graduate Nursing Programs
Meaningfully Different Nursing
Prepare for general or specialized advanced practice roles in a
variety of settings with a graduate nursing degree from Carlow.
With an MSN from Carlow, you will have the foundations needed for
doctoral studies and lifelong learning. You will be prepared for a
leadership position in nursing and ready to contribute to the
discipline of nursing through evidence-based practice.
Here at Carlow, you can find your mission and pursue it through
our MSN concentration options. Use advanced practice knowledge and
skills in family nursing settings with the Family Nurse
Practitioner option. Or, use advanced practice leadership and
education knowledge and skills in diverse health care and nursing
education systems with the Education and Leadership
No matter what your calling is, you can fulfill it at Carlow.
Begin your journey today.
"My experience during graduate school at Carlow was invaluable. A small class size with an incredibly dynamic mix of intelligent, experienced peers and professors facilitated and inspired my learning. The Carlow environment encourages students to transcend the boundaries of the status quo and become leaders with integrity and respect for diversity...I am ready for broader challenges and not afraid to venture into the unknown."
- Amber Egyud
Do Good in Nursing
As a graduate of a Carlow MSN or post-master's nursing program,
you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate leadership and interdisciplinary skills to
influence health care policy and advocate for patients.
- Incorporate all levels of prevention efforts in the competent
care of all individuals.
- Collaborate as a member of an interdisciplinary team with
organizations, populations, and communities.
- Evaluate and modify approaches to health care delivery using
principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Use ethical, legal, and practice standards in the practice
setting to enable preparation for certification in a variety of
- Synthesize nursing, medical, and other relevant knowledge to
engage in evidence-based practice.
- Recommend practice changes based on clinical expertise, patient
safety and preferences, and available health care resources.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities through writing and
- Analyze health care delivery systems in order to design,
implement, and coordinate fiscally responsible care.
- Employ technology and information systems in the transformation
of health care delivery.
- Develop a foundation for lifelong learning and doctoral
Ready to take the next step in your nursing career? Request more
To combat a nationwide shortage of nurse educators, Carlow University has received
a grant for $150,000 from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to provide student loan forgiveness for graduate nursing students who become nurse educators after graduation. Click here for more information.