Health & Wellness Services
Health and Counseling Services can provide routine telehealth services by pre-scheduled appointment and consultation and referral support by telephone. We welcome and respect the needs of a diverse student population within a safe, supportive, and confidential environment. We believe good health is a vital part of student academic achievement and fulfilling one's potential, and we are here to help.
Health Services hours
- Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Counseling Services hours
- Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Availability of services is limited during academic breaks and summer
Crisis and urgent physical and mental health needs
Crisis and urgent care is not available through Health and Counseling Services because telehealth services are not available through Carlow University on demand. Situations that involve any threat of harm to self or others should utilize the following emergency resources:
- If you are in an emergency situation and immediate assistance is needed, please call 911
- re:solve Crisis Network: 888-796-8226 (if you are in Allegheny County)
- Carlow Police: 412-578-6007 (if you are on campus)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Pittsburgh Action Against Rape: 866-363-7273
- Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741741
Accessing Health and Counseling Services
- Call 412-578-6474 to schedule an appointment; if no one is available to take the call, leave a message and someone will return your call as soon as possible
- Email Health and Counseling Services to request a call to schedule (do not use email if in crisis)
- Once an appointment is scheduled, all required paperwork will be completed electronically
- The provider will work with each student to determine their needs and develop an appropriate treatment plan utilizing campus and/or community resources
Note: Do not provide any specific health information to protect your privacy as much as possible, but leave your name and best phone number to return your call. Unscheduled appointments and appointments for that are more time-sensitive in nature are available on a first-come, first-served basis by calling 412-578-6474 and requesting to speak with the first available counselor. All unscheduled/time-sensitive appointments will be scheduled for the first available telehealth appointment; requests for a specific counselor may be made but please be aware that this is unlikely to occur in situations of a request for an unscheduled appointment.