Health & Wellness
Although all in-person and drop-in services are temporarily suspended, there have been temporary changes to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and licensure/compliance guidelines. As of Monday, March 30, Health and Counseling Services can provide routine telehealth services by pre-scheduled appointment and consultation and referral support by telephone. Days and hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Hours are subject to change without notice due to the rapidly evolving situation.) This will continue until the end of the spring semester. See below for instructions on how to access services.
Crisis and urgent physical and mental health needs
Crisis and urgent care is not available through Health and Counseling Services because telehealth services are not available through Carlow University on demand. For urgent mental health concerns or crises please contact:
- re:solve Crisis Network: 888-796-8226 (if you are in Allegheny County)
- Carlow Police: 412-578-6007 (if you are on campus)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Pittsburgh Action Against Rape: 866-363-7273
- Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741741
If you are in an emergency situation and immediate assistance is needed, please call 911.
To schedule routine health care appointments
If you are seeking routine services for the first time with Health and Counseling Services or do not know your provider’s name, please call 412-578-6474
and leave a detailed message, including your name and phone number, and someone will return your call during normal operating hours.
If you are already connected with a provider, you may contact them directly by email or phone to request a call back to schedule (please leave a detailed message and your provider will call you back at their first available time.
NOTE: Do not provide any specific health information to protect your privacy as much as possible, but leave your name and best phone number to return your call.
- Heidi Leibovich, LCSW , 412-578-8731 (routine counseling appointments)
- Nicole Lacy, LPC , 412-578-6306 (routine counseling appointments)
- Carla Bergamasco, MS, RN, 412-578-6174 (routine physical health appointments)
- Katerina Istomin, Doctoral Trainee, 412-578-6474 (routine counseling appointments)
- YiWen Ma, Doctoral Trainee, 412-578-6474 (routine counseling appointments)
For any additional non-urgent questions or concerns about Health and Counseling Services, please call 412-578-6474 and leave a detailed message and someone will return your call as quickly as possible.
We welcome and respect the needs of a diverse student population within a safe, supportive, and confidential environment. We believe good health is a vital part of student academic achievement and fulfilling one's potential, and we are here to help.
Contact Health Services
Office Location: Frances Warde Hall, Room 408
Contact Counseling Services
Office Location: Frances Warde Hall, Room 401, 402, 404
Emergency assistance: 1.888.796.8226
Contact Wellness & Fitness Services