Health Services Center
Office location and hours
Frances Warde Hall , 4th Floor, Room 408
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Physician Hours: Thursdays, 12:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
(times subject to change based on physician's availability)
Call 412.578.6474 to schedule an appointment.
Walk-ins are welcome, but scheduled appointments take priority.
Flourish! Supportive Skills-Based Telehealth Group
- Feel like you struggle with managing your emotions?
- Find yourself feeling overwhelmed or distressed often?
- Feel like you are not as effective in your relationships as you would like?
This group explores skills to deal with life’s daily challenges in a supportive and secure telehealth environment.
Students participating in this group will learn how to:
- Tap into your resilience;
- Be fully present in the moment;
- Effectively manage emotions;
- Handle distress associated with daily living more effectively; and
- Improve relationships.
Groups will be held every week via telehealth for 1 hour. Groups are being formed now!
If you are interested in joining a Flourish! Group, email your major/program and your available days and times to
firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted with the day and time of the group, as well as detailed instructions
on how to join the group.
Nurse-directed health services are accessible through Carlow University’s Health Services Office.
Routine, non-emergency care is provided to:
- Carlow University Students (Residential, commuter, graduate, adult, and traditional-aged students)
- Carlow University faculty and staff
The services of a registered nurse are free of charge to all students. These services include:
- Blood pressure screening
- First aid care
- Over-the-counter drugs
- Health education with resources and literature
- Evaluation and referrals to health professionals
- Weight and nutrition counseling
- Physician services
Through University of Pittsburgh Children's Hospital, Department of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, physician services are available four hours per week. Appointments may be made and walk-ins will be accommodated as possible. There is a $10 fee to see the physician which will be automatically billed to the student’s account.
Contact Health Services
Office Location: Frances Warde Hall, Room 408