The Office of Campus Ministry at Carlow serves the pastoral and spiritual needs of the University community and provides a variety of opportunities for service, reflection, prayer, and worship – which both support and reflect the Core Values of the University.
The Office of Campus Ministry is one of the four offices within the Center for Mercy Heritage and Service.
Every effort is made to connect students with local faith communities of their preference in the Oakland and surrounding areas, which is home to a rich diversity of spiritual traditions.
Lent 2018 -
Lenten Reflection Journal
We invite you to download the Lent 2018 Daily Reflections (PDF, 20 MB)
The Office of Campus Ministry provides:
- Opportunities to learn more about your Catholic faith through sacraments, study, and community
- The chance to learn about and grow in your faith through discussions and special speaker series
- Pastoral support for Carlow community members of all faiths and denominations
- Referrals to pastors, leaders, and communities of all local religious traditions and denominations
- Companionship for those on the journey with sacramental preparation and initiation into the Catholic faith through on-campus discussion groups
- Prayer and worship opportunities in the Catholic tradition, as well as interdenominational services
- Bible study and faith sharing groups
Be Part of the Team
All are welcome to be part of the planning teams and committees. You might like to be part of the Interfaith Planning Committee or Liturgy Planning Committee. You could train to be a lector, a Eucharistic minister, or a cantor at Mass. Or you could participate as an Intercollegiate Faith Sharing Team member, a Hospital Eucharistic Minister (Practicing Catholics), or Faith Sharing/Bible Study Leader. Get in touch to learn more.
How Carlow Students Can Get Involved With Campus Ministry:
- Liturgical ministers
- Small faith group leader
- Bible study leader
- Musicians for worship
- Writers for Lenten reflections
- Peer mentoring
Students are invited to tend to their spiritual well-being as they grow through their academic and personal lives at Carlow University. The Office of Campus Ministry provides programs, liturgies and services which support and nurture students as they face the challenges and joys of life while pursuing their careers and vocations.
Programs and Events
- Christian Leadership Training
- Bible Study
- Faith Forum- discussion with leaders and practitioners of specific faith traditions or world views
- Feast of St. Michael Celebration
- Feast of St. Nicholas
- Lenten Reflection Journal
- Monthly Spirituality Week
- Small Group Faith Sharing
- Feast of St. Joseph the Worker
- Groundhog Day Food Drive
- Graduation Retreats
- Busy Person Retreat
- Exploring the Catholic Faith
- Lenten Evenings of reflection
- Holy Pittsburgh-visiting spiritual sights in the area
- Faithful Citizenship – Voters’ Issues
- Volunteer Service Trip Commissioning
- Resident student floor Programming
- Room Blessing
- Evenings of Reflection
- Pastoral Counseling
- Mardi Gras Celebration
Room 210, University Commons (located on the 2nd floor behind the Information Desk). The chapel and an interfaith prayer room are located on the 5th floor.