Traditional Undergraduate Students

For Traditional Undergraduate Students Applying to Carlow

We strongly recommend that you apply for admission by the end of the first semester of your senior year in high school to receive full consideration for admission, scholarships and all other forms of financial aid. Carlow offers different procedures for traditional first-year student admission. 

Students applying for admission should:

  • Arrange for a personal interview and campus visit. Although this is optional, it is strongly recommended, and in some instances, may be required. Admissions counselors are available to help with all steps of admissions and financial aid processes. In many geographical regions, admissions counselors will visit prospective students and their families at their high school or in the neighborhood at a coffee shop or other similar setting;

  • Submit a completed application form by applying online for free;

  • Ask a guidance counselor to forward a complete official high school transcript* to the Admissions Office (mail to: Carlow University, Admissions Office, 3333 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213) indicating the your cumulative GPA, courses taken and grades received, class rank (if available) and results of achievement and assessment tests (must be mailed directly to the University by your high school);

  • Submit scores from the Scholastic Assessment Test of the College Board (SAT), the American College Testing (ACT) Program, and/or the Classic Learning Test (CLT).

  • Submit an essay and/or recommendation from your secondary school principal, teacher or guidance counselor. These are optional; however, in some instances they may be required;

  • File your FASFA. You can file at File your FAFSA after October 1st of your senior year.

*The transcript is considered official if it contains the seal of the institution and is issued directly to Carlow University. Transcripts delivered to the Admissions Office by students are considered official only when sealed in an envelope with the institution’s seal over the flap. Faxed transcripts are not considered official. Official General Equivalency Diploma (GED) test scores may be accepted in lieu of high school transcripts.