The Summer Advocates Academy
June 25, 26, 27, and 28, 2013
The Summer Advocates Academy is a unique, four-day pre-professional workshop that
focuses on law school preparation and
careers for women in the law.
As an advocate, you will receive instruction from Carlow faculty and members of the Pennsylvania Bar, as well as mentoring from recent alumnae and community leaders in fields of government, law, media, and politics.
The workshop is open to rising high school juniors and
seniors and female college students.
Participate in either a:
- PRE-COLLEGE TRACK (for high school students):
- Draw your map to college. Prep for the SAT. Write your college application essays. Strengthen critical reading, analytical, speaking, and writing skills through a focus on the law.
- PRE-PROFESSIONAL TRACK (for college students):
- Chart your path to law school or a career in law. Write a resume and personal statement. Construct a writing sample focusing on a legal issue.
Special sessions to be held at downtown law firms, Allegheny County Bar Association, University of Pittsburgh, and Duquesne University Schools of Law.
Pre-Law and Order: A Summer Advocates Academy
When: Tuesday, June 25 - Friday, June 28, 2013 from
8:30am - 5pm each day
Cost: $299.00 ($50 application fee will be applied to the total cost - $50 + $249 = $299)
For: All college women and junior and senior girls in high school
To apply and reserve a spot:
1) Mail, fax or email completed application form, a 300-word essay, stating why you want to study the law, submit $50 application fee online (nonrefundable), no later than June 14, 2013.
2) The balance of the tuition ($249) should be paid after acceptance, and at least a week prior to the workshop. You may pay the balance online (button below).
If you could like to pay your application fee or tuition balance by check, please mail it to:
3333 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
If you have any questions, please call Laurie at 412.578.8851 or email at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact Laurie Petty, Director, Special Programs and Events, at 412.578.8851 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider attending one of our other summer workshops! Learn more:
>> Prepare to Care, Summer Science Nation, or ECO Camp
<<Summer Workshops Home