At Carlow, volunteer initiatives are undertaken by individuals and groups across the entire campus community. The MCS assists Carlow's student, faculty, or staff to search for volunteer opportunities available in organizations and agencies identified as our Community Partners.
Our hope is that mutually beneficial collaborations will help increase the capacity to serve those in need while ensuring development of competent, caring, and compassionate leadership for the future.
The partial list of agencies and organizations identied as a MCS Community Partner include:
- Amizade Global Service-Learning
- Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services Of Pittsburgh
- Carlow Community Education
- Family Services Of Western Pa: Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers
- Girls On The Run At Magee-Womens Hospital
- Gwens Girls
- Kane Care Glen Hazel Regional Center
- Laketon Heights United Methodist Church
- Life’s Work of Western Pa
- Martin Luther King Jr. Reading and Cultural Center
- Mercy Neighborhoold Ministries
- Mentoring Program
- Women of West Oakland (WOWO)
- Oakland Planning And Development Corporation
- The Pittsburgh Project
- Schenley Heights Community Development Program
- Shuman Juvenile Detention Center
- Strong Women, Strong Girls
- Three Rivers Youth
- Urban League Charter School
- YMCA Hazelwood
....and many more.
Become a Community Partner...
If your organization is interested in forging a relationship with the Carlow community, we urge you to:
- Register with the Mercy Center for Service to be identified as a "Community Partner," and
- Share the type of volunteer opportunities your organization has available.
Organizations and agencies interested in registration information are to contact the Mercy Center for Service at 412-578-8778.
>> Contact the Mercy Center for Service