Prospective pharmacy students may attend Carlow University
for two (or three) years and then receive preferential
consideration for admission into the Doctor of Pharmacy program at
the Duquesne University Mylan School of Pharmacy.
Students have two options:
Pharm. D. only, no bachelor's degree awarded. 6 years.
Students attend Carlow for two years of
pre-pharmacy course work before transferring to the Duquesne
University Mylan School of Pharmacy for the "professional phase" of
- shortest of the two pathways;
- students remain eligible for $16,000 institutional scholarship
each year at Duquesne
- students do not receive a Carlow degree
Bachelor's Degree Pathway
BS in Biology / Pharm.D. 7 years.
In this option students attend Carlow for three years before
transferring to the Duquesne University Mylan School of Pharmacy.
After completing their first year at Duquesne, students will be
awarded a B.S. degree in Biology by Carlow University.
- Students receive a Carlow BS in Biology degree along the
- Students walk in commencement with Carlow peers
- After conferral of BS degree, students lose eligibility for
$16,000 Duquesne institutional scholarship.