Undergraduate Grants

  • The following grants are "gift aid," which means you do not have to repay them. They are awarded based on financial need. 

    Federal Grants 

    Federal grants are awarded based on calculated financial eligibility, which is determined by information you provide on the FAFSA and by criteria established by the federal government. To be considered for these grants, you must file the FAFSAFederal grants include the Pell and the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG). 

    State Grants 

    Many state governments, including Pennsylvania, offer some grants for college expenses. You must file the FAFSA to be considered for state grants.

    • PHEAA (Pennsylvania Grant Information)
    • CFWV (West Virginia)
    • OCOG (Ohio) 


    Federal Pell Grant

    Pell Grant is limited to the equivalent of 12 full-time semesters. 
    Track your federal loans & grants at www.nslds.ed.gov      

    Pennsylvania State Grant 

    PA State Grant is limited to the equivalent of eight full-time semesters. For more information about PA State Grants, contact the PHEAA Grant Division at 1.800.692.7392.