This four-day workshop includes three nights* spent in the Carlow dorms! Cost includes the four-day workshop, all off- campus transportation, T-shirt, journal, activities, continental breakfasts, as well as lunches and dinners, provided, and residence hall facilities.
Science in Action
This program introduces you to career options in science. Through hands-on lab experiments, field trips to Pittsburgh's research and industry facilities, and meetings with scientists in the field, you'll see the broad range of opportunities in science that are available—and meet women succeeding in these careers. You'll also meet other girls, like you, who want to explore a future in science.
Science in College
Summer Science Nation participants have experiences that give them an advantage when applying to college, such as:
- McGowan Center for Regenerative Medicine and speaker with cutting-edge researchers
- The Energy Innovation Center
- University of Pittsburgh’s Biomedical Science Tower 3
Carlow Faculty-Led Labs:
- Anatomy and Physiology Lab
- Brains, Hearts and Eyeballs Dissection Lab
- DNA Lab
- Chemistry Labs
- Hands-on science workshops in chemistry, biology, physics, and microbiology
- Tips for college preparation
- Meetings with professional researchers, scientists, and educators
Cost: $279 if paid in full before June 1, 2016 ($299 after June 1).