The Carlow University Police Department has full authority to enforce parking regulations on campus. Carlow is private property and is governed by Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Code, Title 75, Section 353, Subsection (c). Violation of any parking regulations will result in fines and/or towing at the owner’s expense.
If a Carlow University ticket is issued, a $35 fine will be assessed. The fine must be paid within a ten (10) day period or a state citation will be issued through the Magistrate’s office. Tickets are to be paid by check or money order only at the Police Department's Parking office, located on the 3rd floor of Frances Warde Hall. Failure to pay the ticket will result in loss of parking privileges and/or towing of vehicle.
Any vehicle parked illegally, or in a restricted area on campus, will be issued a ticket and towed. If your vehicle is towed, contact Jim Stuckert Towing, 4801 Centre Ave., 412.621.6876.
• Citation appeal forms (accessible to the Carlow community on myPortal only, if you need a form, please visit Police Department Parking Office during business hours) are to be filed in the Police Department's Parking Office, 3rd floor Frances Warde Hall.
• The appeal must be completed within ten (10) days of receipt of the ticket. The appeal will then be reviewed. A deposit of $10 is required in order to process the appeal. If the appeal is granted, the deposit is refunded. If the appeal is denied, the deposit is forfeited.
• Appeal Granted: No further action is necessary.
• Appeal Denied: The remaining $25 must be paid within five (5) days of notification of your denied appeal. Failure to pay the fine after this time period will result in permanent loss of parking privileges and/or vehicle tow.
• The decision of the appeal is final.