“FEEL GOOD” FOOD: THAT’S THE CARLOW ADVANTAGE
- Food purchased from local farms, resulting in fresher, more nutritional meals
- Cooks emphasize the use of fresh vegetables, fruits, and whole grains as featured ingredients
- Milk from cows not treated with rBGH
- Non-hydrogenated canola shortening used to minimize the presence of trans-fatty acids in deep-fried foods. Heart-healthy olive oil and canola oil are used in many of salad dressings.
- Trayless dining decreases waste, conserves natural resources, and reduces the introduction of polluting detergents
DINING OPTIONS ON CAMPUS
Located on the ground floor of Tiernan Hall, this full-service cafeteria is the primary dining facility serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday through Friday, and brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
Located in A.J. Palumbo Hall of Science and Technology, the Celtic Café serves soups, salads, and sandwiches and features a convenient seating area in the atrium.
Located in the University Commons, Frank’s Café serves sandwiches, salads, and Starbucks.
Flexible meal plans are available for resident and commuter students. Each plan includes meal blocks to be used in Tiernan Cafeteria, plus ex dollars for use in the Celtic Café or Tiernan Cafeteria.
If you choose to live in the residence hall, you will receive a dining plan contract in your orientation packet. If you will commute to campus, you can apply for a meal plan in the Office of Campus Life on the second floor of University Commons.
HAVE SPECIAL DIETARY OR SCHEDULE NEEDS? NO PROBLEM!
Gluten intolerant? Problem with lactose? Vegan or vegetarian? We’ll help you gure out your meal planning. Contact the director of Food Services for a consultation when you arrive on campus.
You need fuel for your mind and body. Carlow University offers three dining options for the busy student. Our primary dining facility is the full-service Tiernan Cafeteria located on the ground floor of Tiernan Hall and serves lunch and dinner Monday through Friday, and brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. Frank B. Fuhrer Café in the University Commons is a popular hang out spot for students where you can grab a quick salad or coffee before running to class. Located in A.J. Palumbo Hall of Science and Technology, the Celtic Café serves soups, salads, and sandwiches and features a convenient seating area in the lobby.
Visit the Dining Services
site for current menus, hours of operation, and other information.