Applicants to the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program must have completed the following requirements for admission:
- Bachelor of Science (BSN) in Nursing
- Current RN license
- Master’s degree in Nursing or other discipline with a GPA ≥ 3.0
*Upon admission to the program, students will document the clinical practice hours or internship/practicum hours from their Masters programs. Our accrediting body (AACN/CCNE) expects students to complete a total of 1000 practice hours in conjunction with their Masters and DNP programs. The balance of the 1000 hours remaining following the documented Master’s program hours will be completed during the DNP program.
Applicants should submit the following documents to the Graduate Admissions Office:
- Completed application form
- Official transcripts from all previous undergraduate and graduate institutions.
- Copy of current registered nurse license.
- Current Curriculum Vita (CV) or resume.
- Two letters containing academic or professional recommendations – from a faculty member who can document your ability to complete doctoral level work or an employment supervisor who can describe your professional accomplishments. Share the link to the Graduate Recommendation Form and have your faculty/supervisor(s) submit it, digitally.
- Reflective essay describing career goals and expectations for your education.
Applicants who are finalists for admission will be invited to interview with school representatives.
Mail documentation to:
3333 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213