Undergraduate students in the following majors are invited to apply to Carlow's Master's in Business Administration (MBA) program prior to graduation:
Juniors and Seniors admitted to this program would be permitted to take up to 9 credits of MBA courses while they are still undergraduate students. These 9 credits would apply toward the 36 credit MBA, leaving just 27 credits to finish the MBA, which could be done in one year if a student chooses to attend full-time and chooses the Business Administration track.
The courses that an undergraduate is permitted to take are:
- MBA 752 Advances in IT and IT Management, online or in class
- MBA 722 Strategic Planning, in class
- MBA 732 Financial Analysis and Planning, in class
Graduate courses will count for graduate credit only if the student earns a B- or higher; graduate courses will count for undergraduate credit even if the student earns a C+ through D-.
These 9 credits will ALSO be counted toward the 120 credits needed for the undergraduate degree. Admission into the program will be provisional. Full and final admission to the MBA may be granted upon completion of the undergraduate degree from Carlow and fulfillment of any additional criteria.
This opportunity can save students time and money if they are planning on starting into Carlow's MBA program. It is also an opportunity for students to engage in higher-level work and interact with graduate students while completing their undergraduate coursework. To stay in the program, students will need to maintain a 3.0 average.
Formal admission to the Masters in Business Administration begins during your Junior year
To begin MBA study, the student will need:
Final and full admission to the MBA may be granted upon completion of the undergraduate degree from Carlow and fulfillment of any additional criteria.
- Major in the School of Management
- Junior status when applying
- Cumulative 3.2 GPA
- To remain in this program, students will need to maintain a 3.0 overall GPA average
- Undergraduate advisor's approval
- Submit application materials which include letters of recommendation from two undergraduate School of Management instructors and a personal statement to be formally admitted.
- Approval of MBA Director(s)
Where Our Graduates Go
This is a small sample of where our recent graduates have
continued their careers:
- Top Lead Marketing
- Highmark Inc