Officer Patterson started her career in law enforcement in 2005 at the University of Pittsburgh's police department as a security guard. After three years, she became a dispatcher and continued as a dispatcher for another four years. She has worked through several major city events, such as the Super Bowl, the Stanley Cup and the G-20 Summit. She also worked as a PCO for the Pennsylvania state police. She polished her customer service skills during several years spent waitressing and bar-tending.
Now, at Carlow University, Officer Patterson says she enjoys working with young adults--"I feel they relate to me, age wise." In her spare time, Officer Patterson enjoys going to concerts and is a long-standing season-ticket holder for Pitt football.
Trainings and Certifications
- CLEAN Certification Level 8 Local Limited Access
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International, Inc. Customer Service in Todays Communications
- Suburban Academy of Law Enforcement, Inc. Act 235
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International, Inc. Public Safety Telecommunicator 1
- Emergency Management Institute FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) Intro.