Peggy McGarry joined the Carlow School of Management adjunct team in 2003. She teaches the Strategic Planning course and has taught the Business and Technology Ethics course. She is a serial entrepreneur with successful companies including Aliah, Inc. and Decision Coaches Inc. Currently she focuses her professional endeavors as an Independent Management Consultant supporting clients in all aspects of vision, mission, strategy formation as well as innovation, new product development, project management and customer listening.
Peggy has consulted with a diverse client-base across multiple industry sectors, both for profit and not-for-profit as well as government, faith based and social enterprise organizations. Some clients include; Technology: IBM, Unisys, Fujitsu, ADP; Manufacturing: US Steel, PPG, Alcoa Aluminum, Lubrizol, John Deere, Goodyear; Communications: Bell South; Government Contracting: Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, L3 Communications, BAE Systems, CSC; Government Agencies: DOD US Pacific Command, DOD Chemical and Biological Defense Command; Non Profit: Pittsburgh Mercy Health Systems, Plea School, PCSI-Micro Business Institute, Social Enterprise: Center for Creative Play, Hunger Services Network; Faith Based: Covenant Church of Pittsburgh, New Community Church, Building United.
From 2003 through 2012 Carlow MBA Strategic Planning students have worked on 71 Strategic Planning Projects for “real life” organizations which involved 40 non-profits, 24 for-profits and 7 start-up organizations. Representative student projects include; Pittsburgh Zoo, Ronald McDonald House, Girl’s Hope, St. Vincent DePaul Society Thrift Stores, Oncology Nursing Society, Make A Wish, STAT MedEvac, Kennywood, Lucci’s Pizza, Howard Grill Photography, AFLAC, SSI Computing.
Awards and Honors:
- Idea Foundry’s Passion + Profit Slam Social Enterprise Business Idea Competition, Carlow MBA student team’s awarded 2nd place prizes; Tea Blessings and Farm Truck Foods, 2012
- Carlow MBA adjunct teaching award, 2011 and 2009
- DOD Chemical Biological Defense Command (CBDCOM) - Special Achievement Challenge Coin
- DOD Kunia Regional Security Operations Center (KRSOC) - Special Achievement Challenge Coin
- Fortune Magazine’s Conference of Most Admired Women in Business - Voice of the Customer Speaker
- State of PA Outstanding Graduate Student - PA Association of Graduate Schools, 2002
- Outstanding Graduate Student - Carlow University School of Management, 2002