The Carlow University Art Department is seeking a Part-Time instructor to teach Art History courses, both survey and upper level courses. A Master's degree in Art History is required. PhD or ABD, as well as liberal arts teaching experience in higher education preferred. Qualified applicants will have the ability to work effectively with diverse populations. Candidates should demonstrate teaching excellence.
Carlow University is a comprehensive Catholic University located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1929 by the Sisters of Mercy, Carlow is situated in a culturally rich and diverse urban setting. Carlow is recognized for educating traditional students and adult learners for a lifetime of ethical leadership and service.
- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes, using each course's standard course outline as a guide.
- Develop course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, and presentations.
- Be available to students via email, phone, or personal conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to supervisors and to students through the course syllabus each semester.
- Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with FERPA regulations and submit grades and records by established deadlines.
- Meet all classes and other scheduled responsibilities such as office hours and meetings at the designated times. A faculty member should inform the supervisor if he or she is unable to meet a class on time.
- Master’s degree in Art History.
- The ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- PhD or ABD.
- Liberal arts teaching experience at college/university level.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional obligations.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our University community.