Carlow University invites applications for the position of Admissions Representative. This position reports to Director of Adult and Graduate Admissions. This person is responsible for the recruitment of students; meeting prescribed individual program recruitment goals as designated; developing full knowledge of all University programs as well as policies/procedures of both the University and the Admissions Office; and effectively utilizing recruitment strategies throughout all stages of the recruitment cycle.
This person will be responsible for recruiting transfer students seeking degree completion, certification, a second degree, readmission, or guest study. The successful candidate must be able to manage the admissions funnel from the inquiry stage through to registration. This will require the ability to prepare reports, set appointments, provide assistance with financial aid, and address other concerns during the enrollment process. This position requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work in a high-volume, fast-paced and goal-oriented atmosphere both independently, and as part of a unified team.
- Meets specific goals in the recruitment of Adult Students and high school students via the following strategies:
- Plans and conducts recruitment presentations at community colleges and high schools.
- Represents the University at college fairs.
- Use of telemarketing plan to qualify inquiries, set appointments, encourage applications, and follow-up with applicants, admits and deposits, with the constant goal of moving students along effectively in the admissions process. Heavy use of CRM to manage this process.
- Schedules individual campus visits with prospective students; may include campus tour; meeting with faculty or staff; providing assistance with the application and/or financial aid paperwork.
- Develops effective, sometimes standardized, written or email correspondence to enhance individual program recruitment management.
- Provides information on Carlow's academic programs, admissions process, financial aid and scholarships to various faculty/staff at community colleges and other academic institutions within our region. Must be familiar with our partnership and articulation agreements in order to promote to students looking for transfer to Carlow from specific institutions.
- Reviews admissions applications and makes admissions decisions.
- Assists students with various aspects of the financial aid process. Addresses questions regarding the billing process and any other issues that arise during the enrollment process.
- Aggressively and proactively monitors and adjusts progress toward goals.
- Demonstrates and reflects an understanding of and commitment to the mission and core values of Carlow University and the Sisters of Mercy.
- Assumes an active role as part of a cohesive recruitment team, by:
- Participating in the on-going development, implementation and assessment of all recruitment strategies
- Participating in the on-going development, implementation and assessment of efficient and effective office processes and procedures.
- Assisting with special project management as needed.
- Actively participating in strategy meetings, as well as weekly staff meetings.
- Engaging in professional behavior that enables the achievement of individual goals while fully and positively supporting the dynamics and progress of the recruitment team.
- Performing other duties or coordinating special projects as assigned by the Director to address and develop personal and professional skill areas and interests, as well as to help meet overall office objectives. The level and extent to which these projects/areas are assigned, either as primary or secondary responsibilities, will correspond with the recruiter's experience, skills, and time management abilities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field is required.
- Proven sales or admissions experience in a goal-oriented operation preferred.
- Excellent customer service, phone, and organizational skills are necessary.
- Able to work efficiently in a high-traffic, fast-paced environment and with a diverse population.
- Available to work evenings and some weekends as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in person, with a variety of constituents - prospective students, Community College transfer counselors, University faculty, staff and current students - by telephone and in writing, is essential.
- Computer skills and knowledge or ability and willingness to learn Microsoft office products is required.
- Ability to travel and to transport self and an extensive supply of recruitment materials in a timely manner from location to location.
- Knowledge and/or willingness and ability to learn the financial aid process.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional obligations.
Send resume to HR19@carlow.edu
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our University community.