Carlow University seeks applications for the position of Advancement Data Services Manager. This individual is responsible for database management, advancement reporting, prospect management, gift recording, data integrity and data security.
The Advancement Services Manager develops and implements data and gift-entry procedures, produces reports and mailing lists for departmental and university-wide use, and provides database training.
The positions primary responsibilities are:
- Serve as analytical expert in the creation of reports and processes to track progress, analyze data and enhance fund raising and fund raising analysis.
- Assist with maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the University's fundraising database including processes for input and output and end-user training and support.
- Provide the members of the professional staff with central database liaison service for their respective operations.
- Develop and maintain policy and user manuals for the division in coordination with the Office Manager/Development Associate.
- Design and implement operational reports to track actual progress of fundraising programs toward campaign and fiscal year goals, including the creation of reports, download of data, and development of reports from the University's fund raising database.
- Analyze and interpret the data to identify issues and recommend appropriate methods to resolve, develop and implement predictive models for identifying new prospects for the university's fundraising efforts.
- Develop and maintain a dynamic list of policies, procedures, and regulations and training manuals related to the use of the University's fundraising database in coordination with the Office Manager/Development Associate.
- Create and implement appropriate security policies for the University's fundraising database.
- Oversee the carefully coordinated planning and reporting activities with all of its constituents.
- Serve as liaison to the IT Department and ERP Committee, and as a member of the CORE data team.
- Review, explain and interpret policies and procedures on all aspects of data entry, ensure that staff and students who enter data do so according to procedures, and ensure accuracy and promptness. Daily change reports will be developed, run, and monitored to help ensure data integrity.
- Work closely with campaign and prospect strategy directors to analyze and improve fundraising performance through the design, implementation, and interpretation of operational reports.
- Work with other research and strategy team members to validate results and track success of proactive identification efforts.
- On a daily basis, the incumbent is responsible for making critical business decisions, independently and with full accountability. These decisions involve all aspects of data entry such as recording, documentation requirements, receipting, reconciliation, troubleshooting, and reporting.
- Demonstrate and reflect an understanding of and commitment to the mission and core values of Carlow University and the Sisters of Mercy.
The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
- A comprehensive understanding of the overall responsibilities of advancement services. This includes gift processing and acknowledgments, prospect management, biographical, membership, and other data maintenance activities. This knowledge will be essential for development of database policies and procedures, and in performing a liaison role with University Advancement's constituents.
- Strong analytical and information management skills, including Excel.
- Report writing experience with Business Objects or Crystal Reports.
- Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures with minimal guidance. The ability to share ideas and convey them in an efficient manner is mandatory, as is the ability to work with other departments on the Campus in the interpretation and enacting of these policies and procedures.
- Ability to ensure the accurate processing of gifts and pledges and ensure processing deadlines are met.
Knowledge of Ellucian's Colleague Advancement is preferred. In absence of this knowledge, knowledge of similar development software is necessary such as having experience as a Raiser's Edge Systems Administrator.
- A Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Science, Business Management or equivalent.
- At least five years equivalent of a combination of technology and fundraising/development experience provided the individual possesses the knowledge and abilities listed above.
- Ability to train, motivate, and manage staff in a high volume goal oriented environment.
- Experience in process management and data analysis with the ability to think and process logically.
- Ideally, work related experience in a higher education environment with emphasis on fund raising in an advancement or development office with a fund raising program of a similar size to that of the University.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must employ an advanced ability to prioritize tasks, schedules and objectives.
- Exposure to accounting practices in either a business or University setting is a plus, as is previous staff management experience
- Strong preference for formal training in information systems applications and electronic reporting with 3 years of directly related systems management experience.
- Experience MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook required.
Ability to relate and communicate in a positive way to the many constituencies of the University.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards
of ethical conduct. They commit to act
with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the
University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain
confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional obligations.
Send cover letter and resume to HR4@carlow.edu.
Carlow University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
employer by choice. We value diversity and we are committed to the
recruitment of underrepresented groups.