Carlow University seeks applications for the position of
Advancement Data Services Manager. This
individual will work in partnership with the Chief Information Officer to
oversee a data base conversion from Colleague to Raisers Edge. She/he is responsible for database
management, advancement reporting, maintaining confidential prospect and donor
information, gift recording, data integrity and data security. The Data Services Manager supervises two gift
- Oversee all aspects of data entry such as recording,
documentation requirements, receipting, reconciliation, troubleshooting, and
- Generate operational reports to track fundraising
programs toward campaign and fiscal year goals.
- Analyze and interpret data to identify opportunities to
develop predictive models for identifying new prospects for the university's
- Maintain policies, procedures, regulations and training
manuals related to the use of the University's fundraising database.
- Adhere to security policies for the University's
- Serve as liaison to the IT Department and the
University’s data management services teams.
- Review, explain and interpret policies and procedures on
data entry and ensure accuracy.
- An understanding of the scope of advancement services
including gift processing and acknowledgments, confidential prospect and donor
information and other data maintenance activities.
- Strong analytical and information management skills,
- Report writing experience with Business Objects or
- Ability to work with minimal guidance. Ability to share
ideas and convey them in an efficient manner is mandatory, as is the ability to
work across departments.
- Ability to ensure the accurate processing of gifts and
pledges and ensure processing deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate and reflect an understanding of
and commitment to the mission and core values of Carlow University and the
Sisters of Mercy.
The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job.
Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
- Experience in migrating from one donor database system to
a new system. The successful candidate
will lead the implementation of Raisers Edge database.
- Knowledge of Ellucian's Colleague Advancement is
preferred. In absence of this knowledge,
familiarity with similar development software is necessary, such as experience
as a Raiser's Edge Systems Administrator.
- A Bachelor's degree.
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Ability to train, motivate and manage gift entry staff.
- Ideally, work related experience in a higher education
environment with emphasis on fund raising in an advancement or development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along
with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must employ an ability to prioritize tasks, schedules
- Exposure to accounting practices in either a business or
University setting is a plus, as is previous staff management experience
- Experience MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook required.
- Ability to relate and communicate in a positive way to
the many constituencies of the University.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the
highest standards of ethical conduct.
They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and
dignity, carefully steward the University's resources, avoid conflicts of
interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and
Send cover letter and resume to HR4@carlow.edu
Carlow University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer by choice. We value diversity and we are committed to the recruitment
of underrepresented groups.